Sometimes, when you export a translated document from Déjà Vu X3, you get an error message like this:
Following is a list of known causes of this error message appearing during export of a translation:
The translated text contains superscript characters
This error message can appear during the export of a translated document if the following circumstances take place:
- The document is an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Microsoft Office Live filter was used to import the document and is also used to export it.
- The target text contains characters formatted as superscript.
The Microsoft Office Live filter is currently not able to process characters formatted as superscript correctly. There are, however, ways to mitigate this problem in Déjà Vu X3:
- The simplest workaround is to remove any such characters, or to remove the superscript formatting from them. This can be done by selecting the superscript characters and clicking on the superscript button in the Ribbon:
- In some cases, there are Unicode characters the look like a superscript version of another character. For example, a superscript O can be replaced with a º, or a superscript 1 can be replaced with a ¹. These characters can be found, and inserted into the translation grid, using the character map. That can be opened from Déjà Vu X3 by pressing the key combination CTRL+K.