What is Consolidate
The Consolidate function allows you to merge two identical source segments that have translations into different languages.
How to Consolidate segments
To consolidate duplicate segments, you must first have Déjà Vu X3 find duplicate segments. To find out how to do that, read this article.
Once you Déjà Vu X3 has found the duplicate segments that exist in the Translation Memory, highlight several source segments by clicking on them while holding down the Ctrl key.
Then click on the button labeled Consolidate.
If there are many sets of duplicate segments in your Translation Memory that you wish to consolidate, you can Déjà Vu X3 find these sets of duplicate and consolidate them in one gonote. To do that:
- In the Home section of the ribbon, click on Consolidate Duplicates.
- The Consolidate Duplicates dialog appears:
- Configure the available options:
- The Source Language specifies the language that Déjà Vu X3 will search for duplicate segments in.
- The Ignore client option will make Déjà Vu X3 mark segments that have the same text in the source language as duplicates even if they have different clients.
- The Ignore subject option will make Déjà Vu X3 mark segments that have the same text in the source language as duplicates even if they have different subjects.
- When you are ready, click OK to have Déjà Vu X3 search for duplicate segments in the language specified. Déjà Vu X3 will search for sets of duplicate segments and will consolidate each set if possible.
- When it has finished, the Déjà Vu X3 will let you know how many duplicate entries were merged, and how many redundant entries were deleted, if any.
- Click Close.