Déjà Vu X3's aligner does not allow you to send segments directly to the TEAMserver. Instead, you must send the segments to a local Translation Memory first, and then export this Translation Memory to the TEAMserver.
Sending translations to a local Translation Memory
First, you must send the Alignment Workfile's translations to a local Translation Memory.
- Once the documents imported into the Alignment Workfile have been correctly aligned, the Alignment Workfile Wizard will look like this:
- Click Next.
- In the next page of the Wizard, you specify what local Translation Memory you want to send the translations to.
- A dialog window will appear, allowing you to select an existing Translation Memory to send the translations to, or select a location to create a new one in. If you are only interested in sending your translations to TEAMserver, creating a new local Translation Memory for temporary use may be the best option.
- Once you have entered a name for the new local Translation Memory, click Save to create it:
- Click Next.
- In the next page, you can specify what Client and Subject values you want Déjà Vu X3 to assign to the translations it sends to the local Translation Memory. These values will be preserved when you export the Translation Memory to TEAMserver later, so it is important to assign the correct ones.
- Once you have selected the rights values for the Client and Subject, click Next.
- The Wizard will send the segments to the Translation Memory, and let you know when it is finished:
- Click Close to close the wizard.
Exporting the local Translation Memory to TEAMserver
The next step is to open the local Translation Memory you created in the previous steps with Déjà Vu X3, and then export it to TEAMserver. This article explains how to export a local Déjà Vu X3 Translation Memory to TEAMserver.