Installing Déjà Vu X3
This section describes the minimum requirements for the installation of Déjà Vu X3 and the procedure to install it. Be sure to install Déjà Vu X3 onto your computer’s hard-drive.
Recommended system requirements
Supported Operating Systems
This article explains what operating systems Déjà Vu X3 supports.
Minimum hardware requirements
|Processor||1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor|
|Processor||1.5GHz or faster dual-core processor|
To install Déjà Vu X3
- Close all applications and turn off virus-detection and screen saver software on your computer. This frees up memory for installation and prevents possible conflicts between the Déjà Vu X3 installer and other programs.
- Download the Déjà Vu X3 installer from the link included in the Welcome Letter or from the Downloads section of our website.
- When the download is complete, double-click on the file called DejaVuX3.Setup.exe.
- The Déjà Vu X3 Installation Wizard appears.
- Click Next > to view the license agreement. Read the license agreement carefully.
- If you agree with it, select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next >. If you do not, select I do not accept the terms in the license agreement and click Cancel to end the installation.
- Setup prompts you to enter your name and the name of your organization.
- Then, click Next >.
- The Setup Type page will be displayed.
- You can select:
- Complete: to install all of Déjà Vu X3’s components.
- Custom: to select a different installation directory, or to install only those Déjà Vu X3 components you specify.
- If you chose Custom setup, you will be shown a list of Déjà Vu X3 components, including the different spellcheckers and the Terminology Templates. You can click on them to select whether you want them to be installed, installed when required, or not available. Select the components you want to install.
Click Next >.
- If you do not want to use the default destination directory that Setup specifies, you can click Change... to select a folder.
- When you have selected the components you want to install, click OK.
- Setup is now ready to begin. Click Install to start the setup process.
Note: If any of the information is incorrect, you can click < Back to edit the information.
- Setup will display a dialog indicating the progress of the installation.
- Once Setup has finished successfully, a final dialog will appear.
- Click Finish to close Setup.
- When the installation is finished, Setup may ask if you want to restart your computer (this will happen if there were any files which Setup could not update because they were in use). It is recommended that you do restart so that all new files will be properly installed.
- Déjà Vu X3 is now installed.
Repairing the Installation
The Déjà Vu X3 installer provides a repair function that you can use to replace possibly corrupted program files. This program will not modify or replace any user files, so you do not have to worry that it will change or delete any of the files that you have created (this includes spelling dictionaries and your Déjà Vu X3 settings). The program will update the program files according to the version you last installed on your computer. This means that you need to have access to the installation files, which are located on your hard drive.
To repair the installation:
- Close any running session of Déjà Vu X3.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are using Windows XP, access the menu option Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs.
- If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, access the menu option Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features.
- If you're using Windows 8 or Windows 10:
- Open the Start menu and locate the Déjà Vu X3 icon.
- Right click on the icon. A check mark will appear in the right corner to indicate it has been selected.
- Click Uninstall on the toolbar that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- The Programs and Features window will open.
- Highlight Déjà Vu X3 in the list of installed programs.
- Click on Change.
- The Deja Vu X3 Setup dialog appears:
- You can choose to:
- Modify the installation (to add or delete spell-checking dictionaries and/or terminology database templates),
- Remove the installation, or
- Repair the installation.
- Select Repair and click Next >.
- You are prompted to either cancel the process or continue.
- Select Next >.
- A progress indicator shows you the progress of the installation.
- Once the Repair process has finished successfully, a final dialog will appear.
- Click Finish to close the Repair process.
Updating the installation
When you open Déjà Vu X3, the program will automatically check if an update is available. If it is, you will see this notification:
Click on Update and follow the installation instructions provided in the To install Déjà Vu X3 section, above.
If you decided to check the box Don’t remind me about updates again, you will be able to check for updates manually in Déjà Vu X3 by accessing the menu option File>Account, then click Check for Updates.
Installing Déjà Vu X3
When you purchased Déjà Vu X3, you were given an Activation Code or a floating license. This article explains how to activate Déjà Vu X3.
To move your installation to another computer
This article explains how you can move an installation of DXV3 to another computer.
To check which version of Déjà Vu X3 you are running
- Open Déjà Vu X3.
- Access the menu option File>Account.
- The window will show the version of Déjà Vu X3 that is installed, as well as the activation status: