Before attempting to manually install Déjà Vu's Office add-ins in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you should read this article. The procedure described in this article requires that the add-in files installed by Déjà Vu be in the right folders, and the linked article explains what those are.
You should read this article only if, after following the advice in the article linked to above, you still do not see a Déjà Vu X2 section in the ribbons in Word, Excel or PowerPoint. you should do it only for the specific applications in which the Déjà Vu X2 section of the ribbon is missing.
Manually installing the Déjà Vu add-ins
The following describes how to manually install an add-in in PowerPoint. The procedure is the same for PowerPoint, Word and Excel. If must be performed separately for Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Open PowerPoint.
- Access the menu option File>options.
- Select the Add-ins tab.
- Click on the Manage combo-box, and select the item PowerPoint Add-ins.
- Click Go.
- A dialog window labelled Add-ins appears. Click Add New:
- A file selection dialog appears. Use it to find the file ConvertEmbeddedObjects.ppam (read this article to find out where the file should be), then click OK.
- The file will now appear in the Available Add-ins: list in the Add-ins dialog:
- Make sure that the file is checked, then click Close.