When I try to export a Termbase to Excel format, I get this error message, and the export doesn't finish, or it finishes but little or no data was exported:
This happens because a specific value in the Registry is missing, without which the Jet Database Engine (which Déjà Vu uses to handle its databases) cannot interact correctly with Excel.
You can download and run a script that will add the value for you. To do so:
- Download the script.
- Unzip the file you download.
- Run the unzipped file as Administrator.
- When the script finishes running, press any key to close the window.
After that, exporting a Termbase to Excel should no longer give this error message.
Alternatively, you can edit the registry yourself to add the necessary value. To do so:
- Start the Registry Editor.
- Find the key where the missing information should be stored:
- For 64 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel
- For 32 bit Windows: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Excel
- Access the menu option Edit>New>Binary Value.
- A new DWORD will be created, and you will be able to name it. Name it FirstRowHasNames.
- Once it has been created, access the menu option Edit>Modify.
- Enter the number 0, and then click on OK. When you enter the value 0, you may see 00 appear instead. This is normal.