In the following tutorial, we will see how to send XLIFF external views from a Déjà Vu X3 project in order to get it translated by an SDL Studio user.
I: Exporting an XLIFF file out of a Déjà Vu X3 project
Once the project has been created and prepared, use the Divide & Dispatch module or the Export dialog box to send the work to the colleague(s) of your choice.
- Click on File>Share>XLIFF
- Choose XLIFF as the outgoing format.
- Store it in the folder of your choice and click on OK.
- Wait for the completion bar to be completed and click on Close.
- You are ready to send the exported XLIFF file to the translator.
II: Translating an XLIFF External view using SDL Studio
- Open SDL Trados Studio.
- Access the menu option File>Open>Translate Single Document.
- In the Open Document dialog, browse to the location of the XLIFF file generated by DVX3.
- Make sure the necessary language settings are set and complete the wizard.
- The file will open in SDL Studio Editor. You can translate it there.
- When you're done with the translation, access the menu option File>Save Target As.
- In the wizard, make sure that XLIFF Document is selected as the Type.
- Click on OK and return the file to your project manager!
III: Importing a translated XLIFF file back into a Déjà Vu X3 project
- Open the project, click on File>Share>Reimport
- Search for the folder containing the translated XLIFF file, select it and click on Open.
- The following window opens. Click on OK once you have chosen the content you want to import.
- The translated content appears in the target section of the translation grid.