A screenshot is an image file that contains an image of the screen of the computer it was made on, at the time it was made. You can make a screenshot on your computer to show other people what is being shown on your screen. This is useful if you need to explain what a particular program you are using is doing and have trouble doing so with words.
To make a screenshot:
- Open the window you wish to make a screenshot of, and make sure it is selected.
- Press the key Alt and, at the same time, the key called Print screen, sometimes called Prt. Scr. or other such names.
- Open Windows Paint (Start>Programs>Accessories>Paint), or any Image Editing Software you like to use.
- Press Ctrl+V; this will paste the image into Windows Paint.
- Access the menu option File>Save As.
- Type a filename for the image, and in the Save as Type combo box, select PNG.
You will now have a highly compressed image file that can be sent by e-mail easily.