Déjà Vu X3
If you are using a network dongle to activate Déjà Vu X3, you can read the Network Dongle Installation Guide here.
Déjà Vu X2
If you are using Déjà Vu X2, you can read the Network Dongle Installation Guide here.
Déjà Vu X
These are the steps you need to follow to correctly install the network dongle on the server, and to configure the client machines to use it:
- Copy DDNET.exe and SetupDrv.exe from one of the client machines to the ‘dongle server’ (the server machine where the network dongle is plugged in). You can find these files in C:\Program files\ ATRIL\Deja Vu X\Dongle.
- With the dongle unplugged, run SetupDrv.exe to install the dongle drivers on the server (the client machines don’t need to have them installed, since the dongle is not attached locally). Once the drivers are installed, please connect the dongle and let Windows recognize and configure the hardware.
- Move the copy of DDNET.exe to a permanent folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\ATRIL\Dongle). We will be configuring DDNET to run as a service later on, so it needs to be accessible.
- On the server machine, you will need to create a network share (i.e. share a directory on the server) to which all the workstation machines have full access rights. You will need to set these rights not only in the Share Permission tab for the directory, but also in the Security tab for it. This share will be used by the server and the clients to communicate.
You can test that this share is configured correctly by opening the shared folder with Windows Explorer from one of the client computers. If Windows Explorer cannot browse the folder over the network, Déjà Vu X won't be able to use it either.
- Now that we have a path for the network dongle to use, we need to configure the DDNET service. In order to do this, you need to run DDNET.exe with the following command line parameters:
DDNET /I /s
where is the local path of the shared folder; please note that there should be no space between the /I and the path (e.g. DDNET /IC:\MyDongleShare /S).
- Now, we need to configure the clients. In the \Dongle sub-folder of the Déjà Vu X installation folder of the clients, you will find a file called DV2.INI. You need to edit this file, and change the value of the DinkeyNetPath line to point to the network share you created in step 4.
- Once you have changed DV2.INI, copy it to your C:\WINDOWS folder.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 on all the client machines (or just copy the DV2.INI file you modified on the first client to the C:\WINDOWS folder of all the other client machine).
On the client machines, Déjà Vu X should now detect the network dongle correctly.